Performance Contracting

Kenton County Schools

Kenton County School DistrictEdgewood, Kentucky

This project was a Guaranteed Energy Savings Contract that encompassed 16 facilities in the Kenton County School District, located in Fort Wright, Kentucky. The project included one major HVAC renovation and LED lighting upgrades throughout. The project was 80% funded from energy and operational savings and the other 20% of the funds were contributed by the district. Construction started in June 2017 and was substantially complete and ready for students by August 2017. 

  • 1.6 million square feet of LED lighting retrofits across 16 facilities 
  • Power demand limiting control strategy improvements 
  • Redundant power meter elimination 
  • Full WSHP HVAC renovation at Beechgrove Elementary School 
  • New windows and restoration roof coating at Beechgrove Elementary School 
  • VAV air handling unit control optimization including flow rolling and static pressure reset 
  • HVAC control commissioning 
  • Cooling tower fan and pump VFD installation including sequence improvements at Summit View Campus 
  • Cooling tower deduct meters 
  • Kitchen hood controls

Kenton County Schools

What does this data mean?
Baseline: The annual energy consumption before the project
Guaranteed: CMTA's guaranteed energy use for the client post-project
Actual: The measured energy use after the project

I am writing to express my full vote of confidence in CMTA Energy Solutions to assess and design an energy performance contract project that is capable of delivering energy savings solutions for any prospective agency.

Rob Haney, Executive Director of Support Operations and Finance

Kenton County School District, Fort Wright, Kentucky