This project for the Kentucky Community & Technical College System was a Guaranteed Energy Savings Contract for Henderson Community College. 6 buildings on the main campus were included in the project scope. This project was 100% funded through energy and operational savings.
Project highlights include the replacement of three boilers and one chiller, the large-scale upgrade of controls, extensive lighting efficiency upgrades, and utility rate savings.
- A new air-cooled dual-circuit chiller was installed in the Arts and Sciences Building, as well as new refrigerant piping, condensing unit, and chilled water buffer tank - the existing chiller was demolished
- Three existing boilers in the Academic/Technical Building were demolished and three new condensing boilers were installed
- New JACE-8000s (Java Application Control Engines) were installed in the Arts and Sciences Building and Preston Arts Center, implementing optimized scheduling, night setbacks, and zone humidity control
- Variable Frequency Drives were installed for each base-mounted geothermal pump in the Sullivan Technology Center to improve efficiency
- A capacitor bank was installed to increase overall campus electrical efficiency
- Interior and exterior lights were replaced with LED lighting across 6 buildings