CMTA is working with ICS to implement energy upgrades for a total of 1,714,667 square feet. This project will give the school district capital cost avoidance savings.
The project scope includes:
- Replacement of 2 cast iron boilers at Hazleton Elementary/Middle School with 3 gas-fired high-efficiency condensing boilers
- Piping repairs for 3 schools
- Pool equipment repairs for Hazleton Area High School
- Replacement of 1 natural gas domestic hot water heater with 2 hot water heaters that have approximately 100 gallons of storage each
- Installation of new Tridium JACE building automation systems for 9 facilities, as well as 5-year software maintenance agreements (SMAs)
- Upgrades for security systems at 3 schools, including keypads, motion detectors and freezer/glass break alarms
- Upgrades for fire alarm systems at 4 facilities, including a new Distributed Antenna System (DAS), Bi-Directional Amplification (BDA) system, and improved emergency responder radio communication
- Roof repairs for 3 facilities
CMTA is currently working with the District to develop the scope for a Phase 2 project. This may include HVAC renovations, roofing replacements, and/or lighting upgrades.