Contract Amount: $1,370,000
Guaranteed Savings: $73,065
This project was a Guaranteed Energy Savings Contract that included four buildings including 226,000 square feet in the Middlesboro School district. This project was 100% funded from energy and operational savings. Construction for the High School Central Plant took place over one summer and was completed in 3 months.
- Middlesboro High School received an upgrade to the central plant which included new boilers, pumps, chiller, and controls
- A new building automation system was installed at Middlesboro High School, Middle School, and the Central Auditorium
- Existing T12 and T8 interior fluorescents and exterior fixtures were replaced with LED technology at the High School, Middle School, and Central Auditorium
- New gas water heaters were installed at the Middle School
- The High School, Middle School, and Central Auditorium were combined to one electric account to allow the district to purchase power at a lower rate.
Mr. Steve Martin, Superintendent