This project is a Guaranteed Energy Savings Contract that includes solar photovoltaic (PV) arrays for 8 facilities in Henderson, Kentucky. The arrays will be capable of producing 157,534 kWh in the first year of installation.
The facilities that will have PV arrays installed include:
- Henderson County High School
- Thelma B. Early Learning Center
- South Heights Elementary School
- South Middle School
- North Middle School
- Bend Gate Elementary School
- Central Academy
- New Jefferson Elementary School
Each building will receive a turnkey PV system consisting of PV solar modules, a racking system, optimizers, and DC to AC inverters.
- The PV modules are high-efficiency commercial tier 1 solar modules that have a low degradation rate.
- The DC to AC inverters include an internet-based monitoring system that will be monitored for the length of the contract.
- The racking system is a ballasted, non-roof-penetrating system installed with a slip sheet to prevent direct contact between the racking system and existing roof membrane.
- PV modules will be placed at the best orientation to maximize yearly production.