CMTA is leading this GESA project for the Folcroft Technical School. The project will consist of a complete MEP renovation of the existing 107,000 square foot facility, as well as new MEP systems for an 85,000 square foot addition.
This project will be delivered in a hybrid approach that combines a GESA project for the MEP scope, along with a traditional bid and construction process for the site work, structural systems, fire protection, and carpentry. CMTA will coordinate this work with the DCIU design team and local contractors to meet the project schedule and budget.
CMTA is currently under contract for an air handler replacement project at the facility in advance of the full renovation. The future cafeteria air handling unit is being installed to replace a failed unit serving the school’s multi-purpose room.
The scope of the project includes:
- A complete HVAC system renovation, including the implementation of a new 4-pipe HVAC system, new building automation system, and new systems for the various technical trade shops throughout the facility. These include culinary arts, building trades, automotive technology, logistics, collision repair, and emergency services.
- A complete plumbing system renovation, including providing new upgraded water and sewer services to address the increased square footage of the building. Energy savings will also be realized through new lower flow fixtures and high-efficiency hot water heaters.
- A complete electrical system renovation, including a new upgraded utility service. Detailed coordination with this utility will be required to ensure continuous power service to the facility.
- A complete LED lighting upgrade will be completed as part of the project.
- Upgraded special systems, including fire alarm, security, and telecommunications.