This project is Phase 2 of a Guaranteed Energy Savings Contract for Bardstown City Schools, an independent school district located in Bardstown, Kentucky.
This is a hybrid GESC project that is being constructed in conjunction with a separately managed (not involving CMTA’s CM services) multi-phase capital construction project involving the renovation and expansion of multiple buildings on Bardstown City Schools’ main campus. CMTA will therefore carefully coordinate this GESC project with the multi-phase project.
CMTA’s GESC renovation project will involve a conversion of the entire campus’ HVAC system to geothermal. This will include:
- Overhauling the existing ventilation systems
- Renovating the elementary school to turn it into a Career & Technical Education (CTE) facility
- Constructing a kitchen/cafeteria expansion at the High School
- Constructing a centralized addition to unify the main campus educational facilities into a single building
CMTA’s guaranteed energy savings contract work will support the separate multi-phase capital construction project with the geothermal wellfields installation and the furnishing of HVAC equipment necessary for full campus operation.
The project scope includes:
- Installing three geothermal wellfields that total 220 wells to replace the existing campus central plant
- Furnishing all HVAC equipment for the CTE facility renovation, as well as additional central plant equipment for the subsequent High School renovation and additions
- Commissioning of the new HVAC controls that were installed in the main campus renovation, ensuring the optimal operation of the new system and implementing advanced control sequences to maximize system performance - in addition, the HVAC controls at the Early Childhood Education Center will be recommissioned to ensure the optimal operation of the system
- Implementing waste management strategies to minimize ongoing operational expenses related to onsite waste removal